Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Daily up date

Wednesday's come and gone (almost). Alief is starting a new program at the high school level for "certain" eligible kids who over the next four years (9-12) will work on their high school credits and complete two years of community college at the same time. Sounds very cool, small classes, stand alone building. I digress, my counselor rode up with me in the elevator this am and said" oh, I threw out your name the other day". Oh for what? Talking to the counselor who's in charge of this new program I told her if she was looking for a great history teacher who was committed to the kids and would be perfect for a position that I had one for her. Now I know it's a long shot, but it's nice to hear when someone recognizes what you are doing and passes it on. There's a lot other teachers in Alief better qualified than I am, but it was super sweet of Doris to mention me.

Well, I'm like Carol tonight, off to bed early.

Hugs and Kisses
Peace Out
Leann

No comments: