Wednesday, January 23, 2008

TOY

Up for teacher of the year at school, AGAIN. Always the bridesmaid, kind of like 27 dresses, which if you haven't seen is cute. All women nominated this year. I was really surprised at the people who said they nominated me. Four out of five of my team has been nominated (must say something about the team), and the 5th person would have been nominated but he was Teacher of the Year this last year. I look at what everyone has written about themselves and see thesis' and then there's mine. I may not be impressive on paper but I'm fucking awesome in person. I would be lying if I said I didn't want this, and I don't know why it's so important to me this year, but it is. Pieces of me may have to be picked up on Friday after the news or I'll be feeling no pain because I won. It's really a popularity/color contest in my school and I've never been in the "popoular" crowd and I'm not sure if I'm the right color of tea. But Flossie shows up everyonce in a while, for those of you who don't know Flossie she's might alter ego who just happens to also be an angry black woman, at least that's what I was told. My kids and I are having fun with it though, they wanted to make posters for me which of course they can't. However, my campaign slogan is "Vote Looney, keep the crazies in control!"

Love you all,
Leann
Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Regardless of the outcome, you and your kids know you are a fantastic teacher, and that is the most important part of all. And if you don't win, me and my buddies will help you get even with every last one of the fools who don't vote for you!

mjr1066 said...

I'm right there with you girlfriend. And I think we all need a little 'Flossie in us'! Sending you good vibes.

Merry