Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sick Puppy

If any of you know me really well you know what a big part of my life my dogs are. Able has not been well since before the first of the year and we've treated him for numerous symptoms with numerous meds. We took him to the emergency vet clinic this morning and have left him there hooked up to an IV, on morphine and other drugs. The emergency vet there is thinking myo.... gratis (can't pronounce it or spell it) or a form of distemper. Rachel is taking him to the internist tomorrow down in the Galleria without any appointment. The emergency vet is sending a fax to them that this is an emergency and needs to be seen asap. Rachel won't take no for an answer, she'll campout in the lobby if necessary. I'd bee the one going but have this institute that I'm in. However, if it wasn't Rachel's day off I'd screw the institute. Needless to say many would think I'm either stupid or crazy or both for the amount of money I have put into him. Let's just say Sunday was over 1400 and who knew what the internist will be and that doesn't count the months of vet bills before today. He is Beth's dog, but my buddy and is as much a part of this family as any of us is. I'm praying and hoping for the best, because if not then I have failed him and I have failed to keep her dog safe. So if you're into praying, lift him up please.

Leann

No comments: