Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

To those who have served without question, we thank you for without you we would not survive. To those who serve and question we thank you for helping those who are "in", remember they still have to answer to someone, and that is the citizens. Being an American and having freedom doesn't come without a price, and I don't think we should hand it to those who want to enter our nation and enjoy our liberties tied with a silver bow on a platter. We have paid the price more than many, and continue to do so in a country that now tells us either to get out or don't give them timetables, that we have no right to do so. My father was a patriot and he raised me with a sense of dignity and what is right for our country. Do I always agree with our leaders? Certainly not, however they have been placed in a position by people who feel they can lead the best, and until the time comes to change that we must live with it. I remember as a child getting red poppies from the men and women of the VFW. The poppies were to remind us of the blood that was shed so others can enjoy what many do not share but we have and many take for granted. I ask each of my friends to take a moment and remember and thank those who have stood for us when others have failed to do so.

No comments: