Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's about time

It's been a while since i did my thing here. Surprised I didn't kid more comments. I love to read your guy's blogs and feel disappointed if there isn't something new for me to read. However, this doesn't apply to me of course. Up to dateness: Went to Austis a coupld of weeks ago for an in-service and was really impressed by the Yankees who did it, hopefully I can apply it in my new 8th grade classes. Cancelled my three day in-service this week because I was on a roll with working on my house.. I can see the floors in the down stairs (well except the dining room), and boy are they dirty. I've got a long ways to go but it's a start. Leaving Friday with my two baby girls to go home to see my mom and others. Part of me is apprehensive, because I have to keep everybody happy and try to do everything everyone wants to do, keep my oldest from having issues with my mom (and thinking her house is haunted (just my dad)) and seeing everyone that I must see. My kids don't really understand family duties and how important they are to older people. Will be back at the end of next week, and then Beth will stay for another week, yeah... Already know what I'm doing for bookclub, my Two Days with Tim paperbag album, can hardly wait to start on it. Working on reasearch on my dads service in China, Burma and India during WWII, but need some information from my mom. Unfortunately, or not, they didn't know each other then so I've got no letters or anything to work with. Working on research of the 40 and 8, which is a military "thing" for my grandfather. Got to figure out where I start teaching. I've never taught to the TAKs, and I'm bound and determined to have high scores in not only my Pre AP kids but on level as well. However, maybe if I screw up she'll move me back to 7th grade next year (lol). Then comes more in-services and off to Chicago to CHA with the Village People. To all of you that I love and adore have a great week and remember to take deep breaths and smell the lavender.

1 comment:

June (a.k.a. "Junebug", Junie June", "Junabell"... said...

So glad to hear what's up with you. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Have a wonderful visit with your family...those times are so precious. I'm going to be around town the weekend of July 21, hope I can see you then too.