Saturday, May 31, 2008

well, well, well

Schools finally over. Who knew 8th grade girls would cry so much over leaving middle school. Such drama. Have to go up to finish packing my room for the summer and that's about it. Got good news from our district co-ordinator yesterday. For years Greg has been saying if Alief beat the state percentage in TAKS he'd have a fish fry for the social study departments. Well we got our results yesterday. State was 90, Alief was 91! Actually Greg I like mine broiled with butter and lemon... Holub had a 97 point gain from last year which was a -6 loss. Don't ask, I don't undestand it all. All I know is Greg's contributing Holubs gain to the fact that I joined 8th grade and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all under. But I worked my extremely fat behind off this year to prove I could do it. When you have kids telling you to move to high school with them and that you were the best teacher and they finally learned history it was worth it. I congratulated all my classes on their success telling them I was nothing but the fuel and they were the fire that burned very, very brihtly.

Summer will unfortunately be over before I know it with every I've got planned to do. I've got 100 hours of professinal development (Rice Institute - 40 hrs., and Texas Bar Association Instituted - 40 hours). Don't know that I can afford to go home to see my mom which she says is okay. What I really want her to say is that here's a plane ticket, come home, but that's my mother.

Had plumbing problems which was an expense I hadn't planned on, so I'm actually thinking about getting a weekend job at Starbucks or someplace. Please note the word "thinking".

Well I'm off. Hope everyone has a great summer!!!

Toodles.
Leann

No comments: