Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can you speel D-i-a-b-e-t-e-s?

Hello, my names Leann and I am a diabetic. What does that mean, not real sure yet. However I do know that I got the brush off from my doctor's office yesterday. I left a messge for my PA (Tracy) to call me today. Instead, I get a call from one of the nurses who said that Tracy had passed the call back to her. I told her I wanted to talk to Tracy. She says that Tracy wants me to come in for a follow up visit so she can discuss everything with me. I ask "why wasn't I told this yesterday?". First she asked me who I spoke with as she was the normal person to handle these type of calls, I said I don't know, then the young lady asked how long I had been on the meds for glucose control, I said for a while. She then asked me to hold for a moment to look at my file more in depth. Seems as if the first person assumed by looking at my file that since I was already on meds for glucose control that I had been diagnosed previously. Obviously someone's not looking very closely at their files. I aksed why I had to wait a week for the results and that I had to call when I was told the results would be back last Thursday afternoon. She danced around it and said we always tell our patients it may take up to a week to get back to them. Guess what, no one told me that.

But it is what it is. I'm going to talk to Tracy a week from Monday and taking Rachel and Beth with me so I make sure I'm hearing everything. I did ask the girl whether WW was a good plan to be on, and she said it was but while they let you have sweets that I have to watch both my sugars and my carbs.

So I'll keep all informed or at least those who are interested in the continuing saga that has resulted from my stupid decisions that have gotten me here.

Peace Out
H&K
Leann

No comments: