Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I guess I haven't blogged in such a long time no one looks anymore. Oh well, no big deal, I'm writing for me anyway. Was looking back on my past musings and came across a year ago. Today is the one year anniversary of Able's passing. Now to many they either think "what's the big deal, he was just a dog", or "get over it already". Well to us he was more than an animal, he held a part of our hearts. It's really funny, Harley found a part of Able's old toy today and was tossing it around like Able use to. Able J. McGuire Looney - rest in peace, we miss you terribly and love you.

Moving on - Rachel talked to Beth this morning. Interesting conversation. It seems he and his
"significant other" are splitting. Everybody say "aaahhh". Yeah, whatever. Seems they've been fighting for two years and he finds more time to spend at work (hmmm, deja vu here). I don't know what goes around comes around but it is what it is. Since his mom's passing and he just lost her sister as well he must be looking at his own mortality or something. He helping Rachel pay her bills, continuing to pay Beth's living expenses until she finds a job, a convinced her to at least get a part time job rather than sitting around the house. Is going to offer his sister and her brood (8-9 altogether) (husbands been out of work 2+ years) to come move in with him, evidently he has a large house. Well, I hope for his sake he finds whatever peace he's looking for. I'm glad he has some kind of relationship with his two daughters, although with Rachel it will never be a normal one. I asked her if she had any good memories of him from growing up and she said a few. She said he was nicer at waking her up than I was, that he would say her name which never worked then would pull her over to give her a hug and pull her the rest of the way out of the bed.

Weight Watchers is on-going. I have a feeling I'm doing much better than Rachel, but then I'm working the plan so it will work a lot harder than she is. My scales say's I've lost about 6 lbs without clothers on. Hope it looks that way on Saturdays weight in.

Well, need to go run errands.

Peace Out
H and K
Leann

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting to say the least. At least he did not completely loose his kids. It is up to Rachel now to make it or not with him. Hopefully she won't expect more than he can give.

You go with WW. I am very proud of you and what you are doing for yourself. Do you still have the gym memebership??

mjr1066 said...

I may not always comment..but I do read!

Kim said...

Maybe he has some redeeming qualities after all! Miracles do happen....

Congrats on WW. I should probably consider the same, but with the new money crunch about to come upon me, it may not be possible. Ugh!

Hang in!