Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hallelujah, I figured it out

Another reason I don't do things like this. It took forever to figure out how to post to the damn thing. Spolke to Beth twice tonight. First call she was very excited about the new "guy" in her life. I know him as "nutrition guy"(cute, huh.). She wanted to catch me up on him and how they met etc.... said they stayed up until 3:00 the other morning talking (right) and watching Boon Docks Saints (ech). That call ended on a happy note, then twenty minutes later she calls back in tears. Jerry the asshole old boyfriend who didn't want to be in a committed relationship but doesn't want her in one either literally cornered her at the pool in order to tell her his side of the story. Said he would never tell anyone to harm her, and that he didn't think that she was hurt that much, and wanted to make sure they were still friends. Anybody know somebody, whos knows somebody who knows somebody who can do a job? Well, she got through it, told him she wouldn't believe what he had to say and that a friendship was out of the quesiton. Very proud of herself, said she didn't cry in front of him and got away as soon as she could and headed towards her office. She only has about a week and a half left to be at the pool, and plans on quitting water polo so she won't have to be around him as his "friends". I've got a tough little girl, whose still very fragile.

Tried to do Reagans Group Therapy tonight, more like Group Nightmare for me. My layout is Supermom - I'm not, because if I was I'd be with my kid right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok get a grip lady. Being a supermom does not mean physically being with your kid. You there for your daughter and don't forget that. It is very rare that a mother can help her daughter just by being her mother and that is what we do. You did more for her over the phone than 99% of mothers do in person. It would have helped her more if you had been there physically. Now don't piss me off again by beating up on yourself!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

See you pissed me off I left off the work NOT. It was suppose to be It would not have helped her more....

Plastic said...

(pretend I'm in an alley as you walk by, hoodie over my head, looking all shady and like i'm up to no good -Ok)
Hey....
shhhhhh......
over here.....
ummm....
i know a guy.


PS - you are so a super mom (super loving, super caring, super insightful, super devoted, super there for your girls when they need you) see - super mom

PS2 - the challenges will get better - it would have gone easier for you if you had the sketch with you.