Sunday, November 11, 2007

Small things

I'm grateful that y'all aren't reminding me I'm the one who started this when I don't blog daily. Today I'm grateful that it is Sunday, even though I have a ton of things to do before tomorrow. I came away from the conference with great ideas, met some fantastic people, became rejuvenated and overwhelmed all at the same time, have so many new ideas I want to try with my kids. Listened to a man by the name of Mark McLeod, he's like the Joel Olsteen for teachers, dynamic, motivating and funny. Rachel disagrees with me, she says people who follow Joel O. are sheep and can't think for themselves. All I know there is a rather large "herd" following that man (JO), but not me. However, back to Mark. If I could bring to my class and even my own life a 10th of what this man seems to have I'd be way ahead of the learning curve. This is the speaker that any school district needs to have, well him and John Antonetti, oh and maybe Tim H., just because I love him.

Love to all,
Leann

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad the conference was so good for you! It's a wonderful thing to walk away from a conference feeling rejuvenated and inspired. Yea!!

Unknown said...

You really should be grateful cause I have started to give you a hard time several times but I changed my mind. I know you would blog everyday if you really could.